Features of the EPZs
The main reasons for the EPZs' success are owing to their advantages of geography, land, administration, facilities, customs services and tax incentives. For example:
- Geography：The EPZs have easy access to the major harbor and airport. And the average time traveling to major ports and cities in the Asia-Pacific region is the shortest.
- Land：The lands of EPZs are for rent only, which reduces enterprises’ costs.
- Administration：The EPZA provides one-stop service and exclusive specialist (namely, account manager) to assist in immediate and fast comprehensive services for locating in the Zones.
- Facilities：The EPZA establishes sound infrastructure and convenient working and living environment, which makes a great investment circumstance.
- Customs Services：There is customs in the EPZs with autonomous account management and speedy digital EDI customs clearance.
- Tax Incentives：Exemption from import duties (e.g., machinery, equipment, and raw materials), commodity tax, and business tax, etc.
The EPZs have the average time traveling to major ports and cities in the Asia-Pacific region is the shortest.